- Step By Step
Artificial Nails or most commonly used term Nail Extension are of two kinds, Acrylic and Gel nails. The most commonly applied nail extension is traditional acrylic, which is a two part system of liquid (monomer) and powder (polymer), whereas gel is a one part system consisting of different viscosity gels. Gel is cured under a Ultra Violet (UV) light. Even though the two systems (acryl/gel) are actually acrylic, their application and wear is different. Gel nails are actually acrylic nails made from same class of acrylates but with different molecular structures, appearance, application and different curing methods.
Some believe that certain types of nail extension products are better for the natural nail. This is absolutely false! No one type of nail extension product is better for the nail plate than another.
There is also so much misinformation in the nail industry today about acrylic products being harmful to professionals and clients compared to gel ones.
All of this information is FALSE provided by unprofessional nail technicians. This information is backed up by science and research.
The best thing is highly skilled, educated nail professional who protect and nurture the nail plate and watch for natural nail damage and infection.
Products used for doing Classic Nail Extension
1. Ultra Violet Lamp
2. Royal Clear Gel
3. Shining Gel
5. Tip Classic
6. Tip Glue
7. Emery Files-Grit 240/240(straight), Grit100/180 (Straight and Banana)
8. Block 3-Way 100/180
12. Tip Cutter
13. Manicure Stick
14. Gel Brush #6
1. Clean the nail plate with Antiseptic. Remove nail polish with Non-Acetone. File the free edge of natural nail. Push back the cuticles and remove shine from nails. Clean all the dust and dehydrate nail plate. (pic1)
2. Choose the correct size of Tips. Use Tip Glue to apply tips onto the natural nail. (pic2)
3. Cut tip to the desired length with the Tip Cutter. (pic3)
4. Shape the free edge and blend the tip into natural nail. (Pic4)
5. Primer is applied to the nail plate. Take precaution of applying to nail plate only and not to the tips. (pic 5)
6. Apply a thin coat of Royal Clear Gel which acts as a base gel on the extended nail and cure under UV Lamp.
7. Once again apply Royal Clear Gel as a builder coat. This layer must be thick enough to create the C-curve. (pic 6)
8. Cure the builder gel under UV Lamp for 3 minutes. (pic7).
9. Clean the tacky layer with Eurocleaner.
10. Gently file the entire nail surface to a smooth finish with the ideal C-curve. (pic8)
11. Apply Shining Gel as the last coat. (pic9)
12. Cure once again for 3 minutes.
13. Clean the tacky surface with Eurocleaner for high gloss shine. (pic10)
Your Nail Extensions are ready. (pic 11)
You can go for any nail design according to your colour choice or apply nail polish.
Application should be tried by professionally trained nail technicians only.
Work done by Ms.Natalia Raina, Director and Educator, RANARA NAILS Institute of Nail Art, India and RANARA products used in the application.
Has been a Nail Technology Educator in professional area of nail industry since 1997. Beginning her career as the International Education Instructor for a nail product manufacturer, Madelon(Germany), she trained company educators and nail technicians from all our Europe. Her nail art work and method of professional education has been acclaimed and shown in magazines – Nailpro and Nail Service in Europe. At present she is Director and Educator, RANARA NAILS Institute of Nail Art, India and consultant to Madelon.
For consultation and training personally by Natalia Raina contact:
RANARA NAILS :